Giving just a few hours of time helps neighbors age safety and successfully in the community!
As a burgeoning, volunteer-driven, community-supported organization, Waterfront Village relies heavily on the time and generosity of individuals and groups of civic-minded people throughout the community to help us fulfill our mission.
Opportunities are flexible! We will work directly with you to be sure you are matched with volunteer experiences that are well-suited to both your schedule and your interests.
New opportunity! We’re looking for volunteers of any age to join our event teams in
support of our popular annual home tour and art reception, as well as three important
Board committees: Development, Finance, and Governance. This is a great opportunity
for people with professional experience who may have limited time to volunteer during
Interested in volunteering? Just send us an email or give us a call!
firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-656-1834
Our volunteers create a network of support from caring individuals who can help in any number of ways. Some of the ways you can help include
- transportation - drive members to medical appointments, shopping, or on errands
- technology support - assistance with basic computer, printer, and smart phone support and troubleshooting
- social connections - keep older adults connected through home visits, phone calls, meals, and other types of social support
- household assistance - handyman tasks such as changing lightbulbs, moving boxes, minor home repairs, and light yardwork,
- Village Support- support the Waterfront Village with administrative tasks and event support